Q1 2023 RSS.com Product Updates
First, I want to remark how exceptional this quarter has been. We’ve grown our team and released a crazy amount of new features.
Second, and most important, I wanted to express my deepest appreciation and admiration for the team’s exceptional work in the first quarter of the year. I’m thrilled with what we’ve accomplished and look forward to continuing our efforts in the future.
In conclusion, I can’t stress enough how proud I am to be part of RSS.com. I’m confident that we’ll continue to succeed and make great strides towards becoming the best podcasting platform available.
Let’s dive into the features released in Q1, 2023:
- Automatically generated transcripts for podcast episodes. While most hosting platforms offers transcripts as a paid add-on, we now offer them for free to help our podcasters improve the visibility and accessibility of their shows.
- We removed email addresses from our RSS feeds to help protect our podcaster’s privacy and prevent spammers from sending unsolicited emails.
- We released a new multiple podcasts feature that allows our podcasters to run multiple shows under the same RSS.com account.
- We now accept a wider variety of file extensions and have increased the size limit for each audio file making it easier for our podcasters to upload episodes.
- In our effort to support the Podcasting 2.0 namespace, our podcasters will now be able to add a podcast:txt tag to their feeds and split their audience’s donations with other parties through the Value Recipient tag. We plan to add more podcasting 2.0 tags in Q2 2023.